Bids & Tenders< Previous Bid & Tender 15 of 46 Next >
Child Care Planning Research Consultant/Project ManagerBowen Island Municipality
Child Care Planning Research Consultant/Project Manager
Expression of Interest
Bowen Island Municipality recently received a grant through the Community Child Care Planning program, a partnership between the Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM) and the Province of BC. The planning grant funding will be used to assess current child care circumstances and identify future needs of families with children aged 0-12yrs on Bowen Island.
The Research Consultant/Project Manager will be tasked with understanding the current situation and availability of child care spaces on the Island, how many spaces are needed now, and how many will be needed over the coming years, as well as the type of child care that is needed. This information will inform the development of the Bowen Island Community Child Care Space Creation Action Plan, which will be shared with the Ministry of Children and Family Development to help inform future provincial child care investments.
- Inventory of current child care services and available spaces on Bowen Island
- Identification of specific community child care needs
- Creation of the Bowen Island Community Child Care Space Creation Action Plan including short, medium, and long- term goals to be endorsed by BIM Council
- Submission of final Reconciliation and Grant Report
- Research of historical community child care needs, access, and demographic trends
- Inventory of current available services
- Community and Stakeholder engagement using a variety of methods, including online and hard copy survey, focus groups, events, and social media
- Collection and analysis of data
- Monthly updates with project team to include reporting of data, trends, and project challenges
- Creation of final report with short, medium, and long- term recommendations based on identified needs, population projections, and societal trends
- Ability to complete the work between June 2019 and February 2020
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data to report back to Project leads and assist in informing sound recommendations
- Successful experience with similar projects
- Project management expertise (e.g., prioritizing, scheduling groups, able to work within a budget and a timeline)
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Manager of Recreation and Community Services Bowen Island Municipality
981 Artisan Lane
Bowen Island, BC V0N 1G2 email@example.com
Budget and Timeline:
BIM expects this contract will entail approximately 350-400 hours of consultant and project management time. Total overall budget to be discussed upon request. The contract must be completed by Feb. 2020.
May 29, 2019 at 4:30 pm. Applications will be reviewed by BIM staff and project leads. Interviews will occur in early June. Only those incumbents short listed for an interview will be contacted. References will be requested at a later date.