Bids & Tenders< Previous Bid & Tender 18 of 37 Next >
Support to the LGMA FOI and Records Management CommitteeLocal Government Management Association of BC
Support to the LGMA FOI and Records Management Committee
Expressions of Interest
The Local Government Management Association of BC (LGMA) is a non-profit association that has provided education and professional development to senior administrators and managers in local governments across B.C. for a century. One of its primary services is also the provision of high-quality advisory and resource materials to assist in policy development and decision-making.
For more than a decade, the LGMA has benefitted from the advice and technical support of an Advisory Committee of local government professionals with expertise in records management, access to information and the protection of privacy. The FOI and Records Management Advisory Committee reports to the Board of Directors Standing Committee on Professional Development and Education.
The primary objective of the FOI and Records Management Committee is to provide input and support to the LGMA Executive Director and staff for the design of professional development and training program content and information, including updates to the FOIPP Toolkit and Records Management manuals within the annual LGMA budget.
The LGMA is seeking a contractor to assist and oversee the FOI and Records Management Committee in implementing their workplan for 2020 and developing future workplan goals.
The key role of the Contractor is to liaise and work with the Advisory Committee members to identify appropriate training, professional development, continued education and technical support for local government staff tasked with records management and FIPPA. An emphasis is placed on pragmatic professional development rather than theoretical studies. Training program content is kept current through an ongoing evaluation of course objectives and updating materials combined with a regular rotation of facilitators and instructors.
- Review of planned 2020 activities and confirmation of appropriate instructors
- Development of Advisory Committee ideas into training options
- Identifying legislative, regulatory or other changes in best practice for FOI and records management that will impact the work of the local government and identifying training or resource supports
- Identifying new opportunities to organize and deliver professional development and training workshops for 2021.
- Working with LGMA staff and consultants to ensure timely updates to and maintenance of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Toolkit and the Records Management Manual for Local Government Organizations.
The LGMA requires respondents to demonstrate a background and practical experience in FOI and records management within a BC local government setting.
The LGMA will consider respondents from across British Columbia. Meetings are conducted via teleconference. Any travel requirements will be covered by the LGMA.
LGMA contractor rates are $50/hour and the estimated number of hours for 2020 is 60.
Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest should include the following information:
- Profile of the respondent and capabilities related to the specific requirements outlined in the REI;
- Specific examples of FOI and records management experience; and
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated expertise in FOI (40% of value)
- Demonstrated expertise in Records management (40% of value)
- Local government experience (20% of value)
Expressions of interest should be sent by 4:00pm, November 15, 2019.Please direct any questions about this REI to Nancy Taylor, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-383-7032 ext. 223.