Bids & Tenders< Previous Bid & Tender 13 of 31 Next >
Town Entrance RedevelopmentTown of Qualicum Beach
Town of Qualicum Beach
Town Entrance Redevelopment
Request for Proposals
The Town is seeking detailed applications from interested parties (“Applicants”) to design, develop, own, operate and finance a mixed residential and commercial development (the “Development”) on certain strategically located Town-owned lands at the entrance to the uptown core (the “Lands”). The Development should provide economic return for the developer while also delivering public amenities suitable for the community. Applicants with demonstrated experience in land development are invited to respond.
The Town expects that the project will involve some or all of the following:
- acquisition of all or portions of the Lands;
- subdivision or consolidation of the Lands;
- servicing the Lands (including optimizing access to the Lands);
- rezoning the Lands and entering into such covenants and agreements as the Town’s council may require as a condition of rezoning;
- designing and constructing the Development in accordance with the zoning bylaw, the applicable zoning conditions and the Design Guidelines;
- investigating and remediating any contamination of the Lands, as and if necessary in connection with the Development;
- working with the Town’s staff and council in respect of development cost charges, adjacent works and services and property taxes payable in respect of the Development;
- ensuring that the Development is financially viable and attractive to purchasers and investors.
The Town anticipates that the development process will commence by May 31, 2021 or earlier and complete by May 31, 2023 or earlier.
Submit your proposal by 12:00 pm on Monday, October 19, 2020, to: Director of Planning, Town of Qualicum Beach, #201-660 Primrose Street, PO Box 130, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1S7.
For a full copy of the Request for Proposal visit the Town website at www.qualicumbeach.com/_commons, or visit Town Hall.