Located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, the Capital Regional District has the following exciting opportunity for a professional to join our Planning & Protective Services team.
Administrative Coordinator, Health & Capital Planning
Reporting to the Manager, Health & Capital Planning Strategies, this position provides customer service, administrative and financial accounting support to the Health & Capital Planning Strategies Division. This position provides project coordination and support, financial monitoring and administration while liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and reports on process for health capital projects presented to the committees, and the Capital Regional Hospital District (CRHD) Board.
- Monitors and prepares staff reports on a variety of topics for CRD committees and Board and CRHD Board and tracks outcomes and actions of committee and Board decisions.
- Receives, reviews and verifies health project claims for reimbursement.Maintains accurate cash flow for more than 200 projects over multiple years with multiple funding sources.Investigates discrepancies; documents monitoring and processes payments in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate records and tracking process of capital projects, project budget and claims working closely with Island Health Capital Finance and Capital Planning,
- Receives, reviews and verifies all invoices and payments for the Health & Capital Planning Strategies Division.
- Provides advice and information on CRHD funding policies to determine project eligibility and with a goal of achieving compliance.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with external stakeholders and partners.
- Maintains complex filing systems specific to capital projects and planning initiatives.
- Verifies and processes grant amounts for payment under Section 20(3) rules and regulations.
- Prepares a variety of complex correspondence, contracts, briefing notes, spreadsheets and reports, collects, analyzes and prepares research related to department initiatives.
- Prepares contract documents, service agreements and budget transfers to establish an operating account for projects.
- Ensures corporate contract procurement, execution, storage and payment processes are followed.
- Receives, reviews and verifies all consultant invoices for accuracy and recommends for payment; maintains accurate records and budgets.
- Prepares budget reports to track, monitor and document project costs and project details.
- Responds to a wide variety of enquiries for the Health & Capital Planning Strategies Division.
- Schedules meetings, confirms attendance, prepares agendas and required materials and obtains equipment if needed.Records and transcribes minutes of project team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Prepares draft communication and project related updates for media releases, ground breaking and opening events and speeches for CRHD capital projects.
- Prepares, coordinates, monitors and authors information on the website.
- Monitors the Health & Capital Planning Strategies Division budget and assists in annual budget preparation.
- Processes all Division purchasing card payments and transaction reports.
- Coordinates mail and other general office duties.
- Maintains Division library including records for major capital projects.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma such as business administration and 5 years’ related experience or a certificate and 6 years’ related experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analysis, interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Advanced proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, SAP and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with project coordination with a focus on major capital projects.
- Accounting experience related to office management and capital projects.Knowledge of capital projects terminology and payment processes including rules, regulations and rebates.
- Knowledge of building, technical, and planning terminology plus the detail and terminology related to consultant contracts.
- Ability to scrutinize and analyze complex financial and technical data.
- Ability to set up complex correspondence, reports, tables, spreadsheets.
- Strong skills in Business English, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to compose administrative correspondence and proofread technical reports.
- Organize a high volume workload under constant deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
Resumes with covering letter quoting competition number 16/171 will be received in Human Resources, Capital Regional District. Review of applications will begin on January 24, 2017. You are encouraged to submit your application prior to this date for full consideration, however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found or until otherwise advised on our website. Please apply online at www.crd.bc.ca “Careers”. Applications may also be received at Capital Regional District, Human Resources, PO Box 1000, 625 Fisgard Street, Victoria, BC, V8W 2S6, fax (250) 360- 3076.
The Capital Regional District wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.