BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Mailroom - Clerk 2: Auxiliary
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
The Mail Room Clerk 2 is responsible for managing incoming and outgoing Canada Post and inter-office mail for the City of Surrey. This includes preparing mail bundles for courier delivery to offsite offices, managing registered mail, managing newspaper distribution to departments, and operating the folder/inserter and postage machines.
You are logical, methodical and detail-oriented, you are also equipped with good interpersonal skills and the ability to forge positive work relationships with staff from a range of departments. You will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as understand and effectively carry out oral and written instruction. You will have the ability to prioritize and process a large volume of work and meet tight deadlines. You must be capable of lifting 25 - 30lbs and regularly transport mail bins.
Responsibilities Working in a team environment, you will be responsible to the Records Manager and Records Centre and Mailroom Supervisors for ensuring compliance with the City of Surrey office mail program.
As the ideal candidate you will be involved in the following:
- sorting, checking, and delivering interoffice mail
- delivering newspapers
- processing folder inserter jobs
- completing registered mail runs as needed
- maintaining mailroom stats
- performing other related duties as required, including assisting in various mailroom and records management projects
- You have completed Grade 12 supplemented by courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
- You will have at least one year experience and training in an office environment.
- You must have an accurate typing speed of 45 wpm
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: September 10, 2019, 11:08 am
Expires: October 1, 2019, 4:30 pm