The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Manager of Financial Reporting
# of Vacancies
1/11/2017 - 1/18/2017
The City of Port Moody is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Accounting Manager with excellent communication skills to lead the City's Accounting and Payroll function while building productive working relationships with senior leadership, City departments, Council, the community, external groups and other stakeholders. This position may act for the General Manager of Financial Services. This leadership position relies upon proven financial skills, as they relate to systems, service and business case analysis. This is a temporary position from approximately May 15, 2017 - May 15, 2018.
- Responsible for the City's General Ledger and related transactions, and producing the City's financial statements and reports
- Responsible for the annual external audit
- Responsible for the planning, coordinating City's operations relating to Payroll
- Perform Treasury and cash management duties
- Analyze and recommend resolutions to debt issues
- Perform ongoing comprehensive cash flow analysis to recommend and facilitate sound investment decision
- Lead a team of finance professionals in meeting the goals of the Financial Services Division through effective recruitment, training and performance development
- Communicate and engage effectively with other departments, external governing agencies, stakeholders, service providers and members of the public
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police records search and a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Bachelor's degree in commerce or related business discipline and a professional accounting designation or MBA
- Minimum 5 years job related experience including specific municipal experience and other levels of government
- Thorough knowledge of municipal finance and accounting principles, practices, procedures and systems
- Demonstrated leadership capability and supervisory experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an attractive compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.