Manager, Financial OperationsLocation: Victoria, BC - Uptown
Competition Closes: January 25, 2017 at 4:30pm PST
This is a two year temporary opportunity
♦ Are you an energetic and experienced Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) with strong customer service, communication and technical skills?
♦ Are you a hands-on, results-oriented team player who is ready to hit the ground running?
♦ Do you have ERP, CaseWare, and payroll experience?
♦ Do you have experience leading a team of professionals through change and continuous improvement?
This is the opportunity for you!
About the Opportunity:
As a key member of the Finance Division senior management team, the Manager, Financial Operations exercises a broad range of corporate responsibilities for the deployment and management of resources, finances, and activities in the Financial Operations department. In this leadership role, the position manages day to day financial operations including regulatory and management reporting, cash and treasury management, financial policy and procedures, accounting systems and standards, payroll and benefits administration, and internal financial controls. The Manager, Financial Operations leads and mentors senior and working level staff.
What You Can Look Forward To In Your First Year:
You will be responsible for day-to-day financial operations as well as various payroll duties such as:
- Preparing financial and management information including financial statements and related discussion/analysis.
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoice processing.
- Managing reconciliations, revenue billing/collection and capital asset management.
- Supporting payroll and benefits administration.
- Mentoring and supervising accounting staff.
- Providing education and guidance to business unit managers/executive.
- Identifying and implementing process and service improvement opportunities.
- A university degree in business, finance, management or equivalent.
- A recognized Chartered Professional Accounting designation.
- Current membership in good standing with the Chartered Professional Accountants Association of Canada is required.
- Minimum of seven years directly related experience demonstrating progressive levels of financial and administrative responsibility.
- Minimum of seven years directly related experience providing direction and leadership in managing financial operations.
- Demonstrated experience with computerized financial systems in a mid- to large-sized organization.
- Demonstrated experience in public sector accounting is preferred.
- Payroll and benefits experience would be an asset.
Why BC Assessment?
About BC Assessment
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
The heart of BC Assessment is it's team. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia.
About The Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 6% in lieu of vacation
- Medical Services Plan (after 1 month waiting period)
- Awards & Recognition
- Flexible hours of work option
- Paid Sick Leave (after 4 month waiting period)
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
To Apply: Please visit our Employment Opportunities website www.bcassessment.ca/careers to create a profile and upload your cover letter and resume to the job.