Community CoordinatorIf you want to work for a forward-thinking, creative employer, then this opportunity is for you! The City of Chilliwack takes great pride in its focus on providing excellent service to its citizens and we are looking for a like-minded candidate to join our team in this critical role in the Recreation and Culture Department.
As a member of the amazing Recreation and Culture team, you are a customer-oriented individual with a high “can-do” attitude. You will work with the team in establishing the leisure needs and interests in the community in particular acting as a facilitator in assisting groups and organizations in the delivery of their events and programs.
For this dynamic position, you must have exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a high understanding of the requirements necessary to successfully implement programs and special events. You will be required to review, coordinate and support the Neighbourhood Grant Program. You are also a team player with a proactive and innovative attitude.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package for this unionized position, as well as a great work environment that prides itself on employee satisfaction.
Your qualifications include:
- A valid BC Driver’s License
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the public, internal and external agencies
- Must be able to work flexible working hours with some hours occuring in the evening or on the weekend
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public; and coworkers.
- Maintaining excellence in the quality of service and high degree of accuracy in work.
Community Coordinator (Part-Time)
Competition Number: 2017- 28
Closing Date: April 7, 2017