Building Service Worker (On Call)
In this operational role, you will be a key member of the facility maintenance team!Position Type: Auxiliary (On-Call), Unionized
Direct Supervisor: Manager, Operations / Oval Team Leader
Applicant Closing Date: Sunday, June 18
Number of positions available: Multiple
Your core responsibilities include,
- Responsible for custodial, maintenance and technical work in a sport, recreation & event complex.
- Is a member of the facility maintenance team and is responsible for ensuring a safe environment for the community to enjoy.
- Liaises with internal, external and partner stakeholders to ensure that their experience is positive.
- Assists with maintaining and operating the building in an efficient manner.
- Works under minimal supervision for routine matters and under guidance for new or complex assignments.
A day in the life of a Building Service Worker include,
- Operates custodial equipment in a safe manner
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public
- Keeps accurate records, including, but not limited to: daily log of activities, equipment usage reports and material usage reports
- Performs janitorial duties and routine building maintenance
- Establishes and maintains liaison with community groups, program partners and others to assess needs of the community and appropriate responses to the needs
- Works / collaborates with staff to review and evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance routines
- Assists in developing policy recommendations for the maintenance of the building
- Ensures that Health and Safety policies are followed at all times
- Uses computer applications as required
- Responds to building issues in order to maintain a safe environment and positive experience for staff and users
- Prioritizes the work that has been assigned for the day and taking into account the issues that can arise during the shift
- Resolves customer complaints and inquiries in a satisfactory manner, e.g. a complaint that has been received about the cleanliness of the building
- Resolves issues with equipment that are not operating correctly
- Assists with event conversion tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Completion of Grade 12
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Building Service Worker Certificate is required
- Must possess the ability and commitment to work in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and balance a number of tasks at the same time.
- Proven experience in building and sustaining effective relationships
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of janitorial and building maintenance equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse client base (youth, seniors, adults and special populations)
- Physically capable of carrying out the duties of the position
- Exhibits good judgement and discretion
- Strong consensus building and conflict resolution skills
- Team player, but also works well independently
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Accurate keeper of records and information
- Must be able to complete a successful criminal record check.
Hours of Work:
- The days and hours of work can vary and may include graveyard shifts
- Should you apply to this position, we will ask that you clarify your availability
The Richmond Olympic Oval offers a dynamic and exciting work culture with a competitive wage rate to the successful candidate. If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!
Apply directly online at careers.richmondoval.ca.
Location: Richmond, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Customer Services,Facilities Maintenance
Posted: May 19, 2017, 10:00 am
Expires: June 18, 2017, 4:00 pm