Deputy Municipal Clerk
The District of West Vancouver’s Legislative Services Division has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Deputy Municipal Clerk.
Reporting to the Manager, Legislative Services/Municipal Clerk this position will be responsible for:
- coordinating Council agenda and minute preparation;
- coordinating administrative and support operations for the Legislative Services Division, Council, and committees/boards as may be necessary;
- attending Council meetings and board meetings as may be required;
- meeting statutory deadlines;
- performing a variety of professional administrative duties including document processing, handling enquiries and complaints, interpreting bylaws and policies, and conducting research;
- coordinating/processing statutory notices, development notifications;
- certifying documents and taking affidavits and oaths;
- assisting with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requests as may be required;
- providing a key role in the conduct of general local and general school elections;
- providing support to the Manager in the provision of administrative and legislative requirements; and
- other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: knowledge of Council, committee and related governance and parliamentary procedures; knowledge of applicable legislation, bylaws and policies; knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of relevant information management systems; the ability to interpret legislation, bylaws, policies, resolutions, agreements, and related material; the ability to record and prepare accurate minutes, and be results-oriented in a deadline driven environment. Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
The successful candidate has completed: a diploma in Public Administration and Intermediate Certificate – Local Government Administration, supplemented by Local Government/Business administration or legal courses and several years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A BC Driver’s Licence, and a vehicle are required. The successful candidate will be required to submit an acceptable Criminal Record Check and copies of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or attached to the job posting on our website: www.westvancouver.ca.
|Position Status:||Exempt – Permanent, Full-time|
|Hours of Work:||35 hours per week plus evening Council and board meetings|
|Closing Date:||Noon, Friday, June 9, 2017|
|To Apply:||Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we are no longer accepting resumes via email or hard copy.|
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.