Recreation Attendant 1 (Arenas)
Competition No.: 2017-RA1
Duration: Auxiliary / On Call
Salary: $17.82 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
Last Updated: 7/7/17 10:42 AM
Bill Copeland Sports Centre and Kensington Complex Arena Services are looking for individuals who are committed to working with children and families to deliver first-class skating opportunities for our community. Our staff team is welcoming applications for Recreation Attendant 1 (Skate Shop and Skate Patrol) positions.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for a variety of duties related to the arena programs
- Maintain a fun and safe environment while supervising public skating sessions on the ice
- Ensure participants abide by the arena rules and regulations
- Maintain the cleanliness of the skate shop and facility
- Sharpen skates and perform basic equipment maintenance / repairs
- Provide support to other team members
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Minimum completion of grade 10
- Strong skating skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Previous skate sharpening experience is an asset
- High Five and First Aid training are assets
You must have your own skates and a CSA-approved hockey or snow sports helmet.
You must be available to work a variety of shifts from Monday to Sunday between 8:00 AM – 9:30 PM
Selected candidates will be required to attend an on-ice evaluation session.
This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets will be required at the time of the interview.
Please contact Human Resources at 604-294-7303 if you do not receive a confirmation email within one hour of submitting your application online.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit us at www.burnaby.ca