School District No. 68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
Capital Projects Coordinator
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, or designate, coordinates the planning, design, tendering, construction supervision, commissioning, and warranty of assigned capital construction projects, and liaises with the Ministry and the various regulatory agencies regarding assigned projects.
The Capital Projects Coordinator provides a coordinated and integrated array of support services that include:
- Acts as Owner's Representative for the purpose of inspecting/approving work to ensure contract compliance and workmanship quality, monitoring the ongoing appropriateness of contact documents and issuing contemplated change orders, reviewing change orders for appropriateness of content and cost/credit, etc.
- Coordinates School Based Building Committees and attends District Building Committee meetings regarding the planning, design, and construction of assigned projects, and advises committees regarding budget, scope of work, and Ministry and District policies and standards.
- Liaises with architects, consultants, and district staff regarding the design and construction of assigned projects.
- Monitors, maintains records of, and assures accuracy of all financial transactions regarding assigned projects.
- Liaises with the Ministry and regulatory agencies, and prepares and submits required documents/reports regarding assigned projects.
- Administers contracts and agreements arising out of assigned projects.
- Prepares monthly reports for the Building Committee and the Business Committee regarding assigned projects.
- Prepares and makes presentations to the Board of Trustees as required.
- Liaises with maintenance staff and coordinates district work and/or Board managed projects related to assigned projects.
- Reviews contract documents and makes recommendations to the Director.
- Assists the Director in the preparation of the Capital Plan.
- Attends community, school and district meetings as required.
- May on occasion be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Technologist or Technician certification in a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years experience in construction, and a minimum of three (3) years experience in project management - or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and logical problem solving ability.
- Good computer skills - (word processor, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Valid BC driver's license.
How to apply
Please apply via www.makeafuture.ca/nanaimo-ladysmith
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.