BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Municipal Services Inspector I
35 hours a week
Pay Rate 20 - $34.16 per hour - January 1, 2019 Rate
This is a CUPE Local 401 Position
The City of Parksville is an active community of urban professionals, families with young children, and retirees who have chosen to live in our community for a quality of life and the region's inspiring natural environment. Nestled on Vancouver Island’s east coast, 13,000 residents call Parksville home. We’re committed to being the city of choice for ourselves, our employees and future generations to come.
Under the direction of the Manager of Infrastructure, the incumbent assists departments with project inspections, monitoring contractors for compliance with approved permits, administers and approves Engineering permits, monitors private utility installations and other civil construction works within City roads and rights-of-ways.
- Diploma of Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized Technical Institute; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience in construction of civil works and inspection in a municipality.
- Minimum of Level I Certification with the British Columbia Water and Waste Water Association an asset.
- Certified Public Works Inspector an asset.
Why join the City of Parksville?
We offer a total rewards package, which includes:
- A comprehensive benefits package supplemented with a pension plan
- An opportunity to apply for our Earned Day Off program
- Opportunities for career development and professional advancement
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with 19-35 Municipal Services Inspector I Application in the subject line by 4:00pm Friday, October 25, 2019.
The City of Parksville regrets only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
City of Parksville | 100 Jensen Avenue East | P O Box 1390, Parksville, BC V9P 2H3
Phone 250 248-6144 | Fax 250 248-6650 | www.parksville.ca