BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
ongoing (positions filled as needed)
The City of Port Moody offers the community a variety of skating lesson programs for students of all ages and abilities and we are looking for all levels of Skate Instructors.
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic individuals who have a passion for teaching skating to children, adults and the youth in our community. Previous experience in this field is a requirement.
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years old to apply. Please include your availability to work in your online application. The shifts available are as follows:
- Tuesdays 3:30 - 7:30 pm
- Wednesdays 3:30 - 8:00 pm
- Fridays 3:30 - 7:30 pm
- Saturdays 9:45 am - 1:30 pm
- Sundays 4:15 - 6:30 pm
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check. Please apply online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs .
- Strong background in figure skating or hockey
- Experience instructing skating lessons or hockey programs with a good understanding of progressions and learn to skate skills
- Experience working with children
- Sound judgment and decision making abilities
- Ability to be culturally sensitive, creative, collaborative and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Current Standard First Aid certification
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
a minimum of $15.75 dependent on experience
Compensation & Benefits Overview
plus 4% in lieu of benefits.
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: October 18, 2019, 3:21 pm
Expires: November 17, 2019, 11:59 pm