BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Facility Services Worker
The City of Port Coquitlam is currently accepting applications from enthusiastic, energetic and qualified individuals who are interested in a Facility Services Worker role.
Employees of this classification perform a variety of tasks related to recreation buildings and facilities. Duties typically including responsibility for ice installation and maintenance operation of related equipment, performing minor maintenance and repair of machines, pumps and filters, performing minor construction, renovation, and maintenance of recreation buildings, ensuring building security and the janitorial and custodial functions for the ice arena, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, public and multi-purpose areas. The duties will vary according to the season and the recreation facility activities and requirements. While some independence of judgement is required, the performance of tasks is generally within established guidelines and more complex or unusual situations are reviewed with the supervisor to determine appropriate action. In addition, the incumbent provides guidance and direction to a small group of subordinates engaged in building maintenance and janitorial duties.
The preferred qualifications for this position are:
- High school graduation or recognized equivalent;
- Two (2) years full-time equivalent experience in ice making, pool maintenance, building maintenance;
- BCRPA Pool Operator Level 1 and 2, or equivalent training recognized by other provincial bodies;
- 5th Class Power Engineer’s, Refrigeration Certificate of Competency;
- Building Service Worker Certificate (approved minimum 16-hour course);
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License; and
- Valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certification.
The 2019 rate of pay for this casual position is $30.56 per hour (plus 12% in lieu of benefits). The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by November 22, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-155c.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check