BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Director of Infrastructure and Public Works
Regular Full Time Position
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure and Public Works
COMPETITION CLOSES: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 4:00pm
Position: The District of Tofino is seeking a qualified individual to fill the full-time regular position of Director of Infrastructure and Public Works.
The Director of Infrastructure and Public Works is a member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Administrative Oﬃcer, responsible for existing and future infrastructure, capital projects, public utilities and ﬁeld operations for the District. This position will oversee the Public Works Superintendent and the Infrastructure & Assets Manager while determining priorities, ensuring operational requirements are met, engaging stakeholders, preparing annual budgets, and working eﬀectively with District employees, consultants, contractors, government officials and the public.
A detailed job description outlining the duties and qualifications is available on the District’s website at www.tofino.ca.
- Professional Engineer eligible for full membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- A minimum of 5 years senior management experience in the operation of local government services, including water, waste water and solid waste services
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in construction and project management of local government infrastructure engineering projects
- Significant experience with policy development and implementation
- Experience with budget preparation and management
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Hours of Work & Salary: This is an exempt position based on a 37.5 hour work week. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Application: Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume indicating the position applied for, in confidence, no later than 4:00 p.m. Monday, December 2, 2019 by:
Mail: District of Tofino, PO Box 9, Tofino BC, V0R 2Z0
Hand: 121 Third Street, Tofino BC
The District thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Tofino, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Public Works & Operations
Posted: November 8, 2019, 4:15 pm
Expires: December 2, 2019, 4:00 pm