BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The District of West Vancouver’s Utilities Construction Department is currently looking for enthusiastic and hard-working temporary full-time Labourers to join our team. The successful candidate will perform a variety of manual tasks in the maintenance and construction of water and sewer and storm utilities. Including:
- Performing a variety of tasks in the delivery of water and/or sewer and storm collection.
- Locating and repairing leaks, assisting in the installation, repair, and servicing of water, sewer and storm systems
- Cleaning trucks and equipment as needed
- Maintaining equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Operating basic hand and power tools; such as, shovels, pipe saws, plate tamper, etc.
- Maintaining daily pick-up records
- Provide manual labourer assistance on various tasks and assignments.
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment while maintaining a safety first mentality
- Use a variety of tools for general maintenance and construction work
- Work outdoors in a physically demanding role in all types of weather conditions
- Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following credentials:
- Experience or training in pipefitting and/or construction.
- EOCP Certification
The candidate must hold or have the ability to acquire a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License. Candidates will be asked to provide a Driver’s Abstract directly from ICBC.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates.
WVMEA (Union) – Temporary, Full-time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$25.86 - $29.03 per hour (2019 rates) + 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 pm, Friday, January 31, 2020
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept applications via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.