BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Cashier ReceptionistRequisition ID: 16753
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Vancouver Park Board is seeking responses from customer focused and energetic cashiers for the upcoming season. This role will provide experienced cashiers and opportunity to work in the various community centres, ice rinks, and indoor and outdoor swimming pools across the City, including several 2010 Olympic venues.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team committed to connecting people to active living as well as making a difference in Vancouver’s diverse communities and neighbouroods, we encourage you to apply to this opportunity!
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The cashier is the first point of contact for all patrons and will require an individual with the ability to communicate to all audiences and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve. This role requires a friendly and courteous individual who shares our passion for promoting an inclusive recreation environment to all patrons. Strong teamwork is a requirement of this position as the cashier is expected to provide support to peers to ensure a safe and fun environment for all of our patrons.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 11 supplemented by some experience in a capacity dealing with the public and some cashiering experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
nowledge Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the recreation programs and services provided and of the practices, regulations and procedures applicable to the work
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Some knowledge of cashiering methods and practices
- Ability to receive payments, make change, issue tickets, receipts and reimbursements, balance cash and prepare cash reports and floats
- Ability to operate common office equipment, including a computer terminal and related office application software, such as MS Office software programs- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of recreation software, including POS and Photo ID systems is desired
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner
- Ability to assist and orient other staff
- Ability to maintain minor clerical records, to compile non-complex statistical data and to perform incidental word processing tasks related to the work
In order to be considered, you must be available to attend a cash handling test on March 3rd (between 9:00am -1:00pm) or March 4th (between 1:00 - 5:00pm) and an interview on March 12th.
Candidates may be required to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends as operationally required.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: March 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-012: $22.48 to $26.36 per hour
Application Close: February 23, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Financial Administration,Office Administration
Posted: February 14, 2020, 3:47 pm
Expires: February 23, 2020, 11:59 pm