BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Finance & Technology – Information Technology & GIS
Auxiliary (up to 12 months)
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$42.94 – $48.68 per hour per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits
Review of applications begins
Position will remain open until filled
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance and operation of the corporate SharePoint system. The incumbent provides end user training, analytical and technical support to ensure the smooth and continuous operation of SharePoint. This position may also provide business process analysis toward the creation of system requirements to meet the business needs of the customer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides daily administrative and maintenance support for the corporate SharePoint system.
- Provides first line of support, administration, user education, and security as related to SharePoint operations.
- Ensures the corporate electronic records management system is optimized for use with SharePoint to meet organizational business requirements.
- Maintains and secures the SharePoint platform and monitoring system usage and to optimize performance.
- Creates and configures new sites, adds and creates document libraries and lists as required.
- Ensures daily SharePoint backups.
- Develops Powershell scripts to assist with the daily operation of SharePoint.
- Performs user requirement analysis and partners with users to develop and build solutions that meet business needs and meet corporate standards.
- Documents and maintains processes and procedures to ensure process replication.
- Partners with internal clients to lead customer discovery and planning sessions to uncover customer challenges with existing solutions.
- Evaluates and recommends tools and add-ons to assist with the maintenance and support of SharePoint.
- Assists with the analysis of system sizing and provides monthly SharePoint storage consumption and usage reports to meet management needs.
- Prepares SharePoint upgrade and patching plans for approval, identifying timeline and resources.
- Ensures SharePoint security aligns with corporate architecture and patch management strategy.
- Prepares testing for unit and integration testing.
- Works with Technical Services team to ensure hardware architecture is optimized to provide maximum performance and redundancy.
- Monitors SharePoint services on a daily basis and communicates issues and service disruptions.
- Troubleshoots SharePoint operational and technical issues, liaises with other IT support professionals to ensure timely resolution.
- Prepares and maintains end user documentation and training materials as required.
- Trains and supports SharePoint users and department champions ensuring best practices are used and corporate standards are adhered to.
- Works with project managers, vendors and consulting firms to configure, maintain, evaluate and document SharePoint applications.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 6 years’ experience administrating and maintaining a SharePoint system in a complex computing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experience architecting, administering and maintaining Sharepoint Systems
- Experience with SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, Microsoft SQL Server, and .Net technologies
- Extensive experience with the backup and recovery of SharePoint server farms, site collections, sites, lists, and libraries
- Experience with SharePoint and Active Directory security and integration
- Experience with workflow development using SharePoint and other third-party workflow packages.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows Server operating system and server-based technologies including IIS
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with IT troubleshooting techniques and an understanding of IT methodologies and procedures
- Knowledge of electronic record management and SharePoint systems
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP, REST, WCF, ASP.Net Web API)
- Knowledgeable about networking infrastructure services, including encryption, security zones, and firewalls
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and to perform all duties with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.