BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Computer Technician – Police Services
We are looking for an innovative team player to join our dynamic Police Services Team as a Computer Technician. You will support the RCMP and Police Services with their software/hardware needs and resolve computer/equipment problems. This includes installs, troubleshooting, maintenance, backup and testing.
- A two-year Computer Science Diploma from a recognized educational institution
- Proficiency and experience in computer support and networking in various operating system environments (preference in an RCMP work environment)
- B.C. Class 5 drivers license
- Experience in writing clear and concise user documentation
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new software and technical requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Strong service credibility, people skills and teamwork
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
The City of Kelowna is a dynamic team of employees working together to make Kelowna the best mid-sized city in North America. Come work, play and live in Kelowna, a four-season destination and enjoy the many cultural amenities, direct access to exceptional mountain biking, water sports, skiing, golfing and Kelowna’s easy connection to the world through our International Airport.
This is a CUPE bargaining unit position that offers a starting rate of $36.55 per hour plus a competitive comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Job Experience: Experience an asset
Rate: $36.55 Hour