Upcoming Events< Previous Event 28 of 84 Next >
MATI - The Successful CAO: Local Government Advanced ManagementLocal Government Management Association (LGMA) and Capilano University
The Successful CAO: Local Government Advanced Management
February 17 - 22, 2016.
What’s it all about?
This exciting new MATI course, offered for only the second time in 2017, provides current and aspiring Chief Administrative Officers (CAOs) with strategies for long term success in this senior executive position. Designed by educators and
experienced CAOs, the focus is on management knowledge and skills unique to this role in BC municipalities and regional districts. This course explores the many facets of the CAO role, equipping you with practical knowledge, tools and techniques that will allow you to prepare for success and effectively manage the opportunities and challenges you face.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for new CAOs (e.g. three years or less) and aspiring CAOs(e.g. from senior management in local government and the private sector) who seek to advance their knowledge and skills and build a supportive network of colleagues.
Come prepared to:
- Analyze challenging real-world scenarios faced by CAOs and recommend solutions
- Develop effective strategies and a personal action plan for long term success
- Learn and be mentored by experienced CAOs
- Build your best practices toolkit for supporting council and board effectiveness
- Apply public interest and ethical decision making frameworks to key issues
- Learn effective approaches to managing relationships, “up, down and out”