Community Resiliency InvestmentUnion of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM)
The Union of BC Municipalities, First Nations’ Emergency Services Society and the Forest Enhancement Society of BC are working with the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development, represented by the BC Wildfire Service, to administer the FireSmart Community Funding & Supports portion of the program for local government and First Nation applicants.
2020 FireSmart Community Funding & SupportsThe 2020 program is structured to fund FireSmart activities in all eligible communities throughout BC. Funding is scaled to offer eligible applicants with lower risk of wildfire to apply for up to $25,000 and applicants with a demonstrated higher risk of wildfire to apply for up to $150,000 per year.
In addition, applications that include fuel management on Provincial Crown land, primarily within administrative boundaries and including contiguous, logical treatment units that extend onto the Crown land base, may exceed the funding maximum for fuel management activities only.
The application deadline is October 18, 2019
- 2020 Program & Application Guide [PDF - 480 KB]
- 2020 Application Form [DOCX - 69 KB] (required for all applications)
- 2020 Worksheet 1: Proposed Activities & Cost Estimate [DOCX - 76 KB] (required for all applications)
- 2020 Worksheet 2: Proposed Fuel Management [DOCX - 67 KB] (required only for applications proposing fuel management activities)
2019 FireSmart Community Funding & Supports
- Updated May 2019 - 2019 FireSmart Community Funding & Supports Program & Application Guide [PDF - 455 KB]
- 2019 Final Report Form - coming soon
Local FireSmart Representative Workshop SeriesMore regional workshops will be offered across B.C. in the fall of 2019 and into 2020. The courses are intended for community leaders who wish to help implement FireSmart initiatives within their communities. Attendance is free, however space is limited and registration is required. Stay tuned for the announcement of new dates and locations.
Additional Information & Resources
- 2018 CWPP Template [DOCX - 304 KB]
- Fuel Management Prescription Guidance
- GIS materials (geodatabase template, sample data submission, sample maps, copy of the spatial appendix and ReadMe document)
Wildfire Threat Assessment Materials
- 2017 Wildfire Threat Assessment (Version 2)
- 2012 Wildfire Threat Assessment