News Release Archive
343 record(s) found.
- Canada’s Public Infrastructure at Risk, New Report Finds
A new report released today, October 8th, shows that a significant amount of public infrastructure in Canada is aging and in poor condition—reinforcing the urgent need for long-term investments in infrastructure renewal to meet the needs of Canadians.
October 8, 2019
- Regional District of Nanaimo Wins Excellence in Biosolids' Award for Second Time
For the second time, the Regional District of Nanaimo has won the Northwest Biosolids ‘Excellence in Biosolids’ Award representing associations, regulators and operators in the Pacific Northwest, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alberta and British Columbia. This award, presented by Northwest Biosolids at the recent Biofest conference in Blaine, WA, recognizes significant contributions to the development and implementation of cost-effective and environmentally beneficial biosolids management practices. The RDN won this award previously in 2013.
October 9, 2019
- Fraser Valley Regional District Installs Solar Rooftop
The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) has flicked the switch to activate the sun's energy at the FVRD head office with the installation of solar panels on the building’s rooftop in downtown Chilliwack.
October 10, 2019
- District of Saanich Enacts Accelerated Actions in Response to Climate Emergency
Saanich Council has declared a climate emergency. A set of accelerated actions have been endorsed to reduce our community's greenhouse gas emissions and improve our capacity to respond to a changing climate.
October 10, 2019
- Resort Municipality of Whistler's Council Endorses Zoning Amendments for Home-Based Artist Studios
At the October 8, 2019 regular meeting, Whistler Council supported recommendations from staff to allow home-based artist studios to sell artwork and crafts produced on the premises, without the requirement for a Temporary Use Permit.
October 11, 2019
- TransLink Invests Record Funding into Municipal Projects
TransLink is unveiling the finalized list of projects receiving investments from the TransLink Walking, Cycling, and Roads Program in 2019. This program invests in infrastructure upgrades and maintenance for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers throughout the region.
October 16, 2019
- Partnership Brings New Rental Homes to the City of Nelson
A former motel site will soon make way for 47 new affordable homes for seniors, adults with disabilities and those experiencing homelessness in Nelson, thanks to a partnership between Nelson CARES Society, the Province of BC and the Columbia Basin Trust.
October 17, 2019
- Cannabis Retail and Production Policies Adopted by Cowichan Valley Regional District
The Cowichan Valley Regional District has approved two new policies that establish criteria for considering cannabis-related business applications.
October 17, 2019
- City of Richmond Opposes Vaping Advertising
The advertising of vaping and vaping products will not be welcomed on City owned property in Richmond after Council unanimously agreed to oppose any such promotion at its meeting earlier this week.
October 18, 2019
- City of Campbell River Receives Award for City Videos
The City of Campbell River has been recognized with five honours for recent videos – including its first award of excellence.
October 22, 2019