Current News Releases
- City of Cranbrook Launches Rebate Program for Rain Barrel Installation
The City of Cranbrook is launching a rebate program starting July 2nd for the installation of rain barrels.
June 26, 2019
- Aquahacking Challenge Comes to Okanagan to Help Address Water Issues
The Okanagan Basin Water Board (OBWB) is pleased to announce that it is joining forces with Aqua Forum to bring, for the first time, the national AquaHacking Challenge to Western Canada and to our valley. This challenge, aimed at attracting tech-savvy youth to help tackle freshwater issues, will be one of four events being held across Canada in 2019-2020.
June 25, 2019
- City of White Rock Announces Water Treatment Plant is Now Fully Operational
The City of White Rock’s Water Treatment Plant has completed construction and is now fully operational and is producing excellent water quality results.
June 24, 2019
- Capital Regional District Congratulates Student Climate Leaders
Grade 4 and 5 students at three capital region schools are being recognized as climate sustainability champions this month through the Cool It! Climate Leadership Training program.
June 24, 2019
- Westbank First Nation and City of Kelowna Partner to Unveil a Monument of Historic syilx Chief
Westbank First Nation (WFN) and the City of Kelowna came together today through a long-standing partnership to unveil a monument of historic syilx Chief, Charlie swkn̓cut.
June 24, 2019
- New TransLink and VEC Partnership to Showcase Green, Digital Ideas on Transit
TransLink and the Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) today formalized an agreement allowing local and international organizations to showcase green and digital technologies and services on TransLink assets. The new memorandum of understanding creates a landmark role for TransLink in the VEC’s Technology Deployment Network (TDN).
June 21, 2019
- Coquitlam Introduces Free Public Wifi At Major Parks and Facilities
Coquitlam continues to roll out free public Wi-Fi at major parks and outdoor facilities as part of a Technology Roadmap to enhance City services and “Smart City” technologies.
June 20, 2019
- CleanBC Sets New Strategy to Boost Safe, Accessible Active Transportation
Move. Commute. Connect. This is B.C.’s new strategy for cleaner, more active transportation, connecting British Columbians to where they need to go.
June 18, 2019
- Abbotsford Endorses New Strategy to ‘Green’ Vehicle Fleet
On Monday June 10, 2019, Abbotsford City Council endorsed an ambitious new Green Fleet Strategy for all City of Abbotsford vehicles, announced Mayor Henry Braun today.
June 17, 2019
- Destination BC Funds Collaborative Tourism Marketing Initiatives in Northeastern BC
Destination BC is providing $4 million to support 57 tourism projects across British Columbia this year through its Co-operative Marketing Partnerships Program, to increase collaboration and alignment of marketing activities across the province – including Northeastern BC.
June 14, 2019