Education Awards

< Previous  Award 2 of 2
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2023

CivicInfo BC Leadership and Governance Award (Annual Award)

CivicInfo BC
The CivicInfo BC Leadership and Governance Award is given to an employee of a Canadian Local Government or First Nation who is pursuing post-secondary opportunities in governance and leadership. A single award of $1,000 is available in 2023.  The award is funded by a generous benefactor who wishes to remain anonymous, but is well-known and respected in the local government sector.

Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must be enrolled in a post-secondary leadership or governance specific education program and be employed by a Canadian Local Government or First Nation Government (excluding Fire and Police Service). Students may be in short term training, certificate, undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate programs; all are eligible.

The selection committee will evaluate applications based on but not limited to the following criteria:
  • Financial need
  • Relevance to local government objectives
  • Demonstrated commitment
  • Type of education pursued
  • Demonstrated value to and impact on the community served

Application information:
2023 Application Guide [PDF]

How do I apply?
The application period for 2023 opens September 15th. Applicants are required to complete the online application and upload documents including a letter of support and proof of registration or enrolment. See the Application Guide for more information about applying. 

When is the deadline?
Completed applications are due no later than 4pm on October 31st, 2023.

What is the value of the award?
The 2023 award will be $1,000. Once the award recipient is determined, 75% of the award will be remitted to the recipient. The remaining 25% will be paid out upon submission of an impact statement following completion of the training.
Contact Name: Renee Johansson
Contact Phone: 250-383-4898 ext 105
Contact Email: [email protected]
Subject Area(s): Governance, Education
Last Reviewed: September 15, 2023, 8:56 am
Deadline: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Back to Top