Bids & Tenders< Previous Bid & Tender 17 of 36 Next >
Inkman Road Asphalt Sidewalk InstallationDistrict of Kent
District of Kent
Request for Quotations
Inkman Road Asphalt Sidewalk Installation
The District of Kent is seeking the services of a qualified contractor to provide ground preparation and installation of an asphalt sidewalk. The sidewalk installation will take place in the District of Kent on Inkman Road, Lance Road to 6863 Inkman Road (See Attached Map Below). The sidewalk requested will be a 1.8m wide asphalt strip along the southern edge of Inkman Road. This work will need to include a white line painted delineating the road from the sidewalk and painted Zebra style crosswalk connecting the existing concrete sidewalk on the north of Inkman Road, adjacent to 6863 Inkman Road. As well as the supply and installation of 3 catch basins at various locations.
Mandatory site meeting with Jonathan Mothus, Director of Public Works, required prior to submission of quotation. Please contact Jonathan Mothus at (604) 703-4219 no later than 3pm Wednesday September 20th, 2023, to set up site meeting.
- Bidders are requested to use the Quote and Specification Forms supplied.
- Where bidder’s specified equipment information is required or does not meet the specification requirements, please provide information, or propose alternate of equipment/item to be offered as part of quote.
- Quote prices shall include all applicable charges, levies, delivery, taxes and shall be valid for a period of sixty (60) days following the close of tenders.
- The District of Kent will be allowing both electronic or hard copy bid submissions.
Electronic Quotes are to be in PDF format, have the file name “RFQ #2023-11 Inkman Road Asphalt Sidewalk Installation.” and are to be emailed to:
Submissions submitted by email shall be deemed to be successfully received when displayed as new email in the in-box of the District email address. The District will not be liable for any delay or damages for any reason including technological delays, issues by either party’s network or email program, emails not being accepted through the District security firewall. If submitting by email, early submission is strongly recommended, it is your responsibility to deliver the quote to the District.
Hard Copy Quotes are to be clearly marked “RFQ #2023-11 Inkman Road Asphalt Sidewalk Installation” in a sealed envelope and delivered to:
District Clerk, Main Reception Desk
District of Kent
7170 Cheam Avenue
Agassiz, BC V0M 1A0
Both electronic and hard copy quotes are to be received by the District of Kent no later than: 3:00 pm PST, Monday September 25th, 2023
6. The District of Kent reserves the right to make its selection based on the best combination of price and performance of which the District of Kent will be the sole judge.
7. The District will NOT accept bids or amendments to bids through a designated facsimile machine.
8. The District will refuse to consider late Bids. All Tenders received after the deadline shall be returned unopened.
9. The District may refuse to consider a Bid which modifies the Form of Quote or its contents or is in the opinion of the District, unbalanced.
10. Bids may be withdrawn at any time not less than one (1) hour prior to the opening time. All withdrawn requests shall be made in writing on the Bidder's letterhead with an authorized signature or an email with an attached PDF on the Bidder's letterhead with an authorized signature.
11. The Quoted Price shall include delivery to the District’s Public Works Yard at 1963 Green Road in Agassiz, BC.
12. Following the bid opening, Bidder’s will allow the District to carry out a full inspection of the Equipment/Vehicle being tendered by District Staff. Also, District Staff shall be permitted to briefly operate the unit. Both the inspection and test operation of the unit may be carried out at the Bidder’s yard or shop.
Request for Quotations