BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition No. 21-20E
Network Systems Administrator
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The RDOS is seeking a self-motivated professional to join the Information Services’ team in this newly created Network Systems Administrator position. The incumbent will plan, develop, maintain and enhance the Information Technology infrastructure and maximize the potential of information technologies to support internal and external business processes.
The RDOS maintains a large regional network that is comprised of multiple services over a large geographic area. The Regional District is in the process of modernizing its infrastructure with the latest technologies such as SD-WAN, SDN, Hybrid- Cloud, and many more. With the creation of a Regional Data Center we will be able to offer more services at higher efficiency. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of as we move the Okanagan Similkameen into a new technological era.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Training/certifications such as MTA, MCSA, MCSD, MCTS, MCITP, CCNE, CCNA, CCIE, CCSP are considered assets.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience providing information technology, network and communications support, including troubleshooting Cisco MPLS local/wide area networks, Cisco SD-WAN technologies and Cisco Call Manager/Unity administration.
- Current understanding of advancements in the technology industry.
- Working knowledge in Windows O/S, Windows Server, Cisco ISE, MSSQL Server, Cisco IOS.
- Working knowledge in virtualization and storage area networks (SAN).
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and write clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to be courteous and diplomatic in dealing with the public and co-workers.
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength (ability to lift 40 kilograms) to handle and move network and related equipment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass and maintain a Criminal Record Check.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $41.24, Paygrade 9, plus an attractive benefits and pension package.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their applications in PDF format quoting Competition No. 21-20E by 4:00 pm, Friday, April 23, 2021, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: 250-492-0237 Fax: 250-492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 5 years or more
Rate: $41.24 Hour