BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition No. 21-21E
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The RDOS is seeking a part-time Clerk to join its Legislative Services’ team. The incumbent will be responsible for performing a variety of customer service and routine administrative functions in support of the operations, services, programs and activities related to the Legislative Services Department. This position will primarily be responsible for the preparation and distribution of the Board of Directors agenda, Board action tracking and working with document management systems, multi-line phone systems, and providing customer service.
- Secondary school graduation in addition to an administrative/secretarial training at a recognized institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 year related experience and knowledge of general office procedures.
- Keyboarding speed of 50 wpm.
- Ability to operate a multi-line phone system.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service.
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadlines pressures.
- Ability to compose and type routine correspondence and proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good organizational skills.
- Local government experience is an asset.
- Understanding of government records management and electronic data management systems is an asset.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
This regular, part-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $28.98, Paygrade 3, plus 14.75% in lieu of benefits and pension. The work schedule is Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (21 hours per week).
Qualified individuals are invited to submit applications in PDF format quoting Competition No. 21-21E by 4:00 pm on Friday, April 23, 2021 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street,
Penticton, BC V2A 5J9 Tel:
(250) 492-0237 Fax: (250) 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Rate: $28.98 Hour