BC Local Government Job Posting Service
19 – 24 Avenue South
Cranbrook BC V1C 3H8
Phone: (250) 489-2791 or 1-888-478-7335
Engineering Services Secretary
The Regional District of East Kootenay has an excellent opportunity for a qualified and motivated individual to work within the Engineering Services Department as the Engineering Services Secretary (Temporary).
The Engineering Secretary is responsible for maintenance of the utility systems databases and performs clerical and office functions of the Engineering Services Department. Essential elements of this position include strong organizational, analytical and mathematical skills; minute taking ability; thorough knowledge and experience with computer software; and rapid and accurate word processing.
As the successful candidate you are:
- Computer literate with experience in land management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to engage with fellow employees, the public and outside agencies in a courteous manner.
- Known for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Knowledgeable of utility account database systems.
- Composed and solutions-oriented when dealing with difficult customers.
- Organized and able to work your schedule to meet deadlines and priorities.
- One year Office Administration Certificate.
- One year administrative experience.
This is a temporary full-time (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting hourly rate of $25.71/ hour.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are invited to forward a resume including a cover letter, in confidence, prior to 12:30 pm, Friday July 2, 2021 to:
Becky Hoglund, Human Resources
E-mail: email@example.com (MS Word or PDF format)
Please quote: Engineering-29
Visit our website (www.rdek.bc.ca) for the complete job description and information about the RDEK.
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Job Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Rate: $25.71 Hour