An outcome-driven, high-performance organization respected for its commitment to open, collaborative processes, the CRD is located in beautiful Victoria, BC, which offers the unique charm of a historical capital city while providing a variety of world-class scenic and outdoor opportunities.
Coordinator, Administrative Services$30.10 - $32.99 per hour (2016 rates)
The Administrative Coordinator provides a broad range of administrative support services to CRD Building Inspection. This position is responsible for the supervision of administrative staff, coordinating work practises between satellite offices, providing confidential administrative support to the Manager and performing tasks relating to violation and remedial action files.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for being the subject matter expert in the Tempest software for both Prospero and Mobile Inspection modules for Building Inspection.
- Supervises administrative support staff, including responsibility for the recruitment, orientation, training, mentoring, and performance management.
- Oversees and ensures the coordination of administrative services for the division, ensuring established practices, standards and procedures are followed in all offices.
- Ensures necessary information is conveyed to administrative staff to allow for a professional and efficient response to enquiries.
- Monitors administrative staff goals, standards, measures, training requirements and opportunities for mentoring with the goal of planning for the future.
- Drafts staff reports for registering notices on the land title, carrying out remedial action, correspondence and confidential documents for the Manager.
- Establishes first point of contact with clients and provides routine information regarding bylaws and permit application procedures.
- Initiates correspondence with property owners regarding expired building permits and violation files, tracks timelines resulting from posting stop work orders and requests for remedial action.
- Assists with civic addresses in the Electoral Areas in accordance with external guidelines.
- Coordinates division time entry data in SAP and hard copy timesheets for regular and auxiliary staff.
- Tracks and reconciles leave management for the division.
- Prepares contract documents and requests for proposals for the removal of buildings under the remedial action process.Advertises tenders, arranges site meetings, tracks all costs associated with this process and invoices clients.Issues invoices and tracks in SAP.
- Prepares financial and statistical information reports for internal and external customers.
- Prepares building permits for First Nations who are under contract with CRD Building Inspection.Tracks building permit revenue against fees invoiced, calculates staff time, prepares invoicing in SAP and tracks payments.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the Building Inspection budget.Monitors and conducts reviews of accounts and expenditures relating to all Building Inspection budgets.
- Tracks staff time and invoices for time spent providing inspection services for other departments.
- Monitors revenue flow.Follows up with clients requesting payments for unpaid invoices, and building permit fees.
- Provides all aspects of clerical and administration of tasks relating to the issuance and maintenance of building permit files.
- Assists in the overall development of the Building Inspection website and the ongoing maintenance.
- Assists in the development of file maintenance and storage procedures as required by FOI Act and ensures standards are followed in all Building Inspection offices.
- Coordinates office moves, installation of telephones and new furniture purchases for the Division.
- Assists in the development and ongoing maintenance of the CRD Building Bylaws and Building Inspection booklets.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School supplemented by courses in business and office administration and 3 to 5 years’ related experience including supervisory experience or;
- One year certificate plus two years’ related experience including supervisory experience.
- Ability to provide direction, development, workflow management and supervision to an administrative support group
- Knowledge of records management processes, including classification, retention and disclosure requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required
- Experience coordinating and monitoring budgets
- High level of attention to detail
- Typing speed of not less than 55 wpm
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), presentation (MS PowerPoint) and property database (Tempest) software
- Ability to understand and interpret various building bylaws related to the CRD
- Basic understanding and experience in the application of the CRD Building Bylaw 2990
- Basic understanding of the principles of bylaw enforcement
- Ability to work effectively with conflicting deadline pressures
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to problem solve and use mature judgement
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class #5).
Resumes with covering letter quoting competition number 17/153 will be accepted online at www.crd.bc.ca (“Careers”), or in the Human Resources Department, Capital Regional District, 625 Fisgard Street, Victoria, BC, V8W 2S6.
Review of applications received will commence on September 25, 2017 and you are encouraged to submit your application prior to this date for full consideration, however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found or until otherwise advised on our website.
The Capital Regional District wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.