Engineering Assistant 2 – Utilities Planning
(Term: Up to 1-Year)
The Engineering Assistant 2 in the Utilities Division is an intermediate technical and administrative position providing support and assistance to senior staff in administrative responsibilities, and performing moderately complex technical work related to the completion of a variety of City engineering activities and projects.
In this role, you will assist in the planning of the City’s sewer infrastructure.
- Leading the technical review of detailed design plans, contract documents and technical specifications
- Overseeing construction projects
- Preparing request for proposals and reports
- Responding to and addressing citizens’ concerns; and managing Consultant assignments
- You will review and approve Consultant and Contractor payments and exercise budget control
- Work with internal staff and other City Departments as well as liaise with Consultants, Contractors, Utility Companies, and other agencies.
- You have a broad range of civil engineering experience and are comfortable in developing solutions to existing problems.
- You are a team player who thrives in a challenging environment and possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Completed of a two (2) year diploma in a discipline of Engineering Technology relevant to the position from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability in the relevant areas of engineering.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Utility planning experience would be considered an asset.
- Membership with the BCWWA or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- A valid and unrestricted drivers’ license.