BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Position Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than August 27, 2021)
Department: Parks & Environment
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 14 $1,766.10 - $2,069.88 bi-weekly
Our Technical Assistant Department is seeking a Parks & Environment who will assist officers with promoting compliance with the new Residential Indoor Wood Burning Emission Regulation and audit the air emission control devices and management practices of coffee roasters.
You are: interested in air quality issues, keen to do field work, good at organizing large volumes of information, able to work independently but not afraid to ask questions.
- Researches, collects, analyzes and reports to a superior on specific aspects of assigned projects; conducts and prepares reports on non-complex research topics.
- Assembles a variety of data from available sources to assist professional staff in their reply to specific requests for information and in their preparation of reports dealing with specified activities.
- Provides a variety of detailed technical information and assistance to the public and other municipal staff on matters related to the work performed; refers more complex or specialized inquiries to other staff.
- Uses databases and spreadsheets to produce reports, graphs, tables and charts.
- Conducts site audits and field surveys under the direction of senior staff.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by post-secondary courses related to air quality plus some work experience.
- Working knowledge of research methods, techniques and practices applicable to the field of research.
- Knowledge of provincial and regional environmental legislation as it pertains to air quality.
- Ability to research and analyze various factors relative to assigned projects.
- Ability to prepare non-complex research reports.
- Ability to provide information and assistance to a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Driver's License for the Province of British Columbia.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by April 22, 2021.
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: Experience an asset
Rate: $1766.10 Bi-Weekly