BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Cyber Security and Architecture Manager
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Under the general direction of the IT Infrastructure & Operations Manager, the Cyber Security & Architecture Manager oversees a team of IT professionals responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive, organization-wide cyber security and architecture technologies.
Exempt – Regular Full-Time
As the Cyber Security and Architecture Manager, you will:
- Manage a team of cyber security analysts and information technology architects.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of new, city wide information security policies, procedures and standards that encompasses the protection of networks, systems, equipment and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access.
- Advise senior management on current and emerging cyber security threat landscape and the City’s defence posture.
- Lead the planning and coordinating of all architecture and design activities of the IT department.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology related investments and purchases to senior managers.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to create information security awareness amongst all employees and contractors, and elected officials at the city.
- In conjunction with the IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager, develop and implement a five-year enterprise cyber security program strategy, capability plan and investment roadmap.
- In conjunction with the IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager, complete annual capital budgeting and staff forecasting.
- Conduct or oversee security assessments of systems and applications using tests, ethical hacking tools and risk assessment using the city’s Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA) methodologies to evaluate vulnerabilities and establish a risk score.
- Assess the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards to ensure an integrated architecture across the city and to support of the city’s strategic direction.
- Oversee the development of the cyber security public outreach program.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The city is looking for an experienced IT manager who is an excellent people leader. Our ideal candidate shares our values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Service and Teamwork, and can demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of related and relevant experience in an IT management role, including at least three (3) years in a senior cybersecurity role.
- Expert knowledge of information security principles and practices including security risk assessment standards, methodologies and vulnerability assessments.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation is required.
- TOGAF certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to mentor, coach, manage, and engage a team of professionals to exceed performance expectations and achieve departmental goals.
- Proven record of successfully developing and implementing complex interdepartmental initiatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with senior management, staff and the general public.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral including the ability to explain and instill knowledge on complex IT issues to non-IT people.
- Innovative and service-orientated problem solver that deals effectively and tactfully on all matters with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise, assign and evaluate the work of subordinate employees within a unionized environment.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
If you’re interested in this position please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 5 years or more