BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Job ID J0622-1887
Organization: City of Port Moody
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of projects in the City’s Capital and Strategic Plans, including all phases of projects including initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure. Projects range from simple to complex, multi-year and high financial value that look to maintain, improve, or add to the City’s asset portfolio. Projects may include studies, master planning, implementation, and construction to maintain, upgrade, or add to the City’s infrastructure, facilities, and park assets.
Under the general guidance of the Manager of Project Delivery Services, the work involves coordinating and overseeing the completion of a wide range of capital and/or strategic projects; managing project teams consisting of consultants and internal team members; preparing plans and terms of reference, researching, analyzing and interpreting information and providing recommendations and advice; preparing and monitoring budgets; and representing the City to a wide range of groups in community engagement and consulting.
This long-term, temporary full-time position will build and maintain positive and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, interest groups, clients, and residents and will take a lead role in sharing knowledge within the department as part of the City's continuous improvement activities.
- Completion of a university degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Planning or related discipline
- Formal training in Project Management or other relevant area of study considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of related experience managing a wide range of municipal-related projects, ranging from feasibility studies to construction projects in Public Works, Engineering, Parks, Facilities, and Planning.
- Demonstrated project management experience within a municipal government or consultant firm
- Considerable experience and knowledge of principles, practices, methods and techniques in one of municipal engineering; facilities engineering; landscape architecture; or environmental planning; and sound knowledge of other related disciplines
- Experience and knowledge of construction methods and materials, and an understanding of environmental and sustainability principles
- Experience assessing tenders and proposals, designing contracts, and developing budgets and work plans
- Ability to develop and/or oversee the development and preparation of conceptual drawings, specifications, cost estimates for a variety of projects
- Knowledge of relevant Acts, bylaws, regulations and policies
- Ability to act in a liaison capacity in coordinating the activities of various external government and non-government agencies, community groups and special interest groups and, where appropriate, to integrate their needs
- Proven ability to co-ordinate and manage public consultation processes
- Experience administering and managing contracts with Master Municipal Construction Documents (MMCD) and Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) documents an asset
- Environmental knowledge and working with other government agencies considered definite assets
- Familiarity with CAD, GIS mapping systems, document management systems an asset
- A desire to tackle project challenges with competency and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience preparing reports and presentations
- Minimum intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to customer service, quality and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Membership or eligibility for membership in a professional organization such as Engineers and Geoscientists BC, Society of Landscape Architects or equivalent
- Class 5 Driver’s License
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check as well as a satisfactory driver's abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities, and, for some positions, opportunities for remote work.
Click here to apply
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 5 years or more