BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Systems Analyst 2
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the incumbent maintains the integrity of the enterprise systems including but not limited to server, storage and infrastructure applications and technologies.
Union ‐ CUPE Local 402 ‐ Regular Full‐Time
- Perform duties as an Active Directory (AD) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) administrator, including administration of all City Group Policies.
- Support and administration of AAD Connect and Private Link infrastructure.
- Administer users in an M365, Azure, and on‐premise Windows environment.
- Perform analysis and development, implementation, modification and installation of complex enterprise systems in different operational environments
- VMWare and Hyper‐V administration, including creation of templates, installation of updates and patches, etc.
- Ensure server data security and integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Windows Server routine administration tasks such as user account creation/updating, server builds/updates/patch installation, Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation required for ongoing support of City technical infrastructure applications and technologies.
- Work with other City departments, other IT staff, and vendors to implement new systems and/or troubleshoot and resolve problems on existing systems.
- Provide technical direction and coaching to junior team members as required.
Degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus two years related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates under considerations will be able to demonstrate:
- Sound technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and the ability to perform root cause analysis and trouble shoot.
- Possess effective communication skills and provide excellent customer service to all parties involved. The ability to work well within a team environment.
- Able to prioritize and work under tight deadlines and urgent matters and achieve deliverables.
Experience with the following will be a benefit:
- Netapp storage infrastructure
- Cisco UCS and HCI infrastructure
- PowerShell scripting
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years