BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Accounts Payable Clerk
About the Opportunity
Urban Systems has an opening for an enthusiastic, service minded individual to join the team as a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk. Urban Systems was founded in Kamloops where it first opened its doors in 1975. Since that time, Kamloops has served as the head office and home to the fifteen-person accounting group that serves the financial and accounting needs of our company.
The main areas of responsibilities in this role are as follows:
- Review vendor invoices for appropriate coding, approval, tax treatment (GST) and completeness;
- Process invoices in software accurately and in a timely manner;
- Provide guidance to internal staff and branches on accounts payable related inquiries and processes;
- Answer email and phone call inquiries from vendors;
- Review and posting of employee expenses;
- Reconcile monthly vendor account statements and follow up on any discrepancies;
- Maintenance of new and existing vendor information;
- Review of monthly VISA statement coding and entry into accounting software;
This position would be ideally suited for an individual with at least 1-2 years of experience in a related role in an accounting department setting.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills, strengths, and interests:
- Client service minded with an approachable attitude
- Understanding of different accounting principles (capitalization, prepaid expenses)
- Strong decision-making abilities and judgement skills
- Committed to quality work and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- Willingness to learn and step up to new challenges
- Must have knowledge of Excel
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter- disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, First Nations, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
Our team of over 600 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for a meaningful challenge and to create impact in your community? Join a tight-knit team of professionals at Urban Systems and be part of our mission to build vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as part of our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work! We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Paid Time Off. We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones! Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term financial goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program to match your contributions to an RRSP or TFSA.
- Learn and Grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
- Beautiful Office. Do your best work in office spaces designed with your needs in mind. Each of our 15 offices has its own unique personality and design.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Friday, October 7th at 9:00am PDT
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years