BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Executive Services Advisor
Executive Services – Executive Administration
Salary Range $62,329 to $73,328 annually (2022 rates)
$64,822 to $76,261 annually (2023 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on December 9, 2022
Reporting to the Manager of Executive Administration, the Executive Services Assistant is responsible for providing a wide variety of highly confidential administrative support services associated with the functions of the Executive Office branch. The incumbent works closely with senior staff of Executive Services, including coordinating and providing confidential services accurately with discretion in a manner that is conducive to positive and effective employee, labour and public relations. This is a confidential role with sensitive executive, personnel, and labour relations duties and input into labour relations and relevant confidential matters on behalf of the Employer. This role primarily provides confidential support to the CAO and Chair’s Office, Executive Administration; Human Resources; Corporate Communications and the Executive Leadership Team as required.
Key Accountabilities / Position Outcomes
- Provides confidential executive administrative support for the CAO, Board Chair, General Manager, Corporate Services and Manager, Executive Administration.
- Drafts correspondence, arranges and coordinates meetings, prepares and distributes agendas, takes meeting minutes, prepares briefing materials, and packages, and arranges travel.
- Provides a point of contact for the Executive Offices of the CRD.
- Coordinates office communications and activities to ensure all staff are included and sharing information.
- Coordinates and maintains various “hard copy” file systems within Executive Services, including those within Human Resources that include employee personnel files.
- Coordinates the management of all records and documentation for the Executive Office, maintains the Infolinx records management system including the storage, retrieval, and destruction of records for the Department.
- Prepares detailed and complex correspondence, reports, and statistical information.
- Prepares business expense forms, processes invoices, and reconciles purchasing card expenditures.
- Maintains task monitoring systems for effective turn-around time on selected subjects.
- Supports a variety of corporate wide initiatives, projects, and programs.
- Maintains and orders an inventory of office supplies and other related materials; resolves business equipment malfunctions.
- Provides coordination and guidance as a SharePoint Champion and ensures that records are current, and information is easily accessible and retrievable.
- Ensures records and correspondence are properly authorized and that appropriate amendments are accurately made to files. Receives incoming and tracks outgoing correspondence to ensure correspondence is completed, circulated and filed in a timely manner.
- Provides support and may backfill staff, including those with access to highly confidential human resource materials.
- Provides break and relief coverage to staff in the Executive Administration division including reception as required.
- Provides support to the Executive Leadership Team as required.
- Other duties as required.
Diploma combined with formal office training, and 5 years of relevant experience working in a highly confidential support service, such as an executive office, human resources office, and/or legal service office; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Role-specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General understanding of relevant legislation and concepts applicable to an Executive Office and support setting.
- Ability to understand policies and procedures.
- Proficiency and experience with SharePoint, MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with enterprise resource systems, such as SAP would be an asset.
- Ability to edit and proof correspondence with a high degree of accuracy, including materials of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), customer service, public relations and partnering skills.
- Must be able to effectively establish and maintain positive relationships with staff and all levels of management.
- Ability to deal tactfully, courteously, and effectively with the public, staff, and management.
- Use good judgement to make decisions and take actions that move issues closer to closure.
- Ability to support staff, including senior staff and the public on a wide variety of issues.
- Demonstrate integrity, consistency, and support of CRD goals, objectives, and policies.
- Ability to work independently, organize workload and set priorities. Flexible and willing to change priorities to meet constantly changing and unrelenting deadlines.
- Ability to record accurate minutes and maintain records and proceedings on confidential matters.
- Able to utilize innovative effective problem-solving techniques to deal with technical HR issues.
- Excellent computer literacy to effectively operate HR office computer applications.
To keep our employees, customers and the communities we serve safe, the CRD has introduced an employee vaccination policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. As such, the CRD requires verification of your COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. To learn more about working with us, visit our website.
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Job Experience: 5 years or more
Rate: $62,329.00 to $76,261.00 Year