BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Be a part of something great!
Recreation Worker VI – Group Fitness Instructors
Competition #: 23-B012
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for auxiliary Recreation Worker VI – Group Fitness Instructors (Aquatics Fitness Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, Holistic Fitness Instructor, Specialty Dance Instructor) to join our team of professionals in the Recreation Division, Recreation Programs and Services Department. Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, in this unionized position you will apply your knowledge, enthusiasm and expertise to teach group fitness classes for participants of various ages, abilities and interests. These positions will appeal to applicants who have strong leadership and communications skills and are committed to excellence in customer service.
- Lead and provide guidance, direction, and instruction to participants in group fitness classes
- Ensure safe and proper procedures are followed
- Your education will include completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, combined with Fitness certification(s) and related experience
- Sound knowledge of fitness principles, practices, and objectives
- Ability to organize, lead and participate in recreation programs and activities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication with participants, recreation staff and volunteers
- Additional Fitness Certifications are considered an asset
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BCRPA Aquafit Certification or equivalent (Aquatic Fitness Instructor)
- BCRPA Fitness Certification or equivalent (Group Fitness Instructor)
- Pilates Instructor Certificate (Holistic Fitness Instructor)
- Yoga Instructor Certificate (Holistic Fitness Instructor)
- Zumba Instructor Certificate (Specialty Dance Instructor)
- Emergency First Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
The hours of work are varied, including day, evening and weekend classes and the rate of pay for each positions is listed below; Non-standard hours and/or non-standard work weeks.
Aquatic Fitness Instructor – Rate of pay is $26.00 - $32.00 per hour (2020 rates) plus 4% in lieu of benefits Group Fitness Instructor – Rate of pay is $26.00 - $32.00 per hour (2020 rates) plus 4% in lieu of benefits Holistic Fitness Instructor – Rate of pay is $28.00 - $32.00 per hour (2020 rates) plus 4% in lieu of benefits Specialty Dance Instructor – Rate of pay is $24.00 - $32.00 per hour (2020 rates) plus 4% in lieu of benefits
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/external closing date for this competition: April 28, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Employment Length: Casual
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: Experience an asset
Rate: $24.00 to $32.00 Hour