BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Métis Nation British Columbia
IT Network and Systems Administrator
Information Technology department
Position: Permanent (Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid/Provincial office – Station Tower (13401–108th Avenue, Surrey)
Closes: Posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice
Classification: Coordinator 2
Salary Range: $63,000 - $75,000 annually
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA:
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
MNBC’s KAA-WIICHIHITOYAAHK (We take care of each other) Initiatives offers employees a competitive total compensation package including:
- comprehensive group benefit package or health-care spending account and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan
- 15 paid days per year for statutory and
- cultural days (Indigenous Peoples Day, Truth and Reconciliation Day, & Louis Riel Day)
- carpool, parking & public transit subsidies (Provincial Office only)
- educational spending account and professional development allowances to provide annual funding to continue lifelong learning and skills upgrade.
- remote workplace supports.
- internal advancement & redeployment opportunities
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-orientated individual to join our Information Technology (IT) team as the IT Network and Systems Administrator. Reporting to the Director of IT, the primary objective of the role is to contribute to the technical efficiency and evolution of MNBC’s IT Technology and Infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for the deployment, support, and maintenance of MNBC hardware, software, end-users’ work-assigned technology tools, provisioned laptops and desktop devices, printers, accessories, including local area network (LAN) and communication services. The role is responsible for managing organization-wide technical support and assistance through service requests/incident tickets, and/or escalating complex concerns or issues to the Director of IT.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate, analyze, recommend, configure, install, and test changes in accordance with proper change management control processes.
- Manage, implement, and support Microsoft Active Directory.
- Manage, implement, and support security systems and identity management tools.
- Manage, implement, and support Storage solutions.
- Manage, implement, and support Physical and Virtual Server environments.
- Monitor and maintain monitoring tools such as Solis Security and Darktrace.
- Develop and oversee processes for collecting, analyzing, reporting, and recommending of system capacity needs.
- Maintain server environments including hardware and software and virtualization to ensure maximum uptime that meets defined business requirements and industry standards.
- Implement security solutions that help maintain the environment as per industry standards.
- Ensure all components are kept secure and up to date based on latest available vendor releases/patches and ensure appropriate pre-production testing validation is performed to maximize stability.
- Work with internal and external teams to establish preventive and corrective maintenance activities to maximize platform availability, quality, and performance.
- Provide feedback to various business level departments and teams on operational issues as part of a continuous improvement process.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Build and maintain application delivery infrastructure and processes to support business requirements.
- Recommend the approach to ensure all server and core applications are kept up to date based on latest available vendor releases/patches. Ensure appropriate pre-production testing validation is performed to maximize stability.
- Maintain equipment firmware and ensure configuration is up to date.
- Cross train and provide knowledge transfer to other less experienced technical resources; and, other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Rotational on-call duties as required.
- Lead projects through the stages of high-level design, scope definition, detail design, and delivery planning.
- Escalate problems and issues to Senior IS and Corporate Leadership as needed to minimize risk and ensure projects and initiatives deliver expected outcomes.
- Assist in development, review, and maintenance of organizational standards and templates to increase consistency and efficiency.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field and minimum of five (5) years of experience or suitable combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by Métis people in B.C
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server Management and Administration.
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of virtualization.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge of Dell/EMC hardware, VXRail or similar HCI.
- Extensive experience providing Tier III level support to customers.
- Technical skills with Citrix and VMware would be considered an asset.
- Exposure or understanding of principles of lean thinking.
- Experience with coaching teams in collaborative planning.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with 3rd Party Vendors.
- Experience in Security solutions and best practices.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lead, problem-solve, and utilize team-building skills.
- Proven ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills to deal with others effectively.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC.
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY using “IT Network and Systems Administrator - #23-035” in the subject line of the email.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Felix Ikem Director of IT
Métis Nation British Columbia
Email: [email protected]
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 5 years or more
Rate: $63,000.00 to $75,000.00 Year