BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Village of Pemberton
Manager, Corporate & Legislative Services
Status: Permanent, Full Time.
Situated in a lush valley surrounded by stunning mountain vistas, Pemberton is one of the most desirable communities in BC, offering big outdoor adventure with a small-town atmosphere. Located in the traditional territory of the Lil’wat Nation, Pemberton has a strong agricultural heritage, offers mild winters and warm summers, and a young, vibrant community. In addition to world class skiing, biking, hiking and camping, enjoy arts, culture and unique local shops and eateries.
Being a part of the Village of Pemberton team provides the opportunity for you to give back to this incredible community and be a part of numerous exciting projects taking place throughout the Village. We're a small team here, but if you're successful in your application get ready to make a big impact! In addition to the satisfaction of giving back to our Village, take a look at what our benefit package has to offer our Full-Time, Permanent Staff:
9 Day Fortnight - BC Municipal Pension Plan - Extended Medical Benefits - Dental Coverage - Vision Benefits - Free Fitness Centre access - Keeping it Active Allowance
What you’ll be doing:
Oversight of all corporate, legislative and administrative functions for the Village including records management, bylaw enforcement and business licenses. A critical advisor for the Village, this position plays a key role in the achievement of strategic organizational goals, navigating the governance of Council meetings, Committee meetings and elections.
What you’ve got:
- Corporate Officer leadership experience in municipal administration
- Thorough knowledge of the Community Charter, Local Government Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Election Act, Interpretation Act and other applicable legislation
- Local Government Administration Certificate or Diploma an asset
- Significant experience with parliamentary procedures
- Knowledge of government policy-making and legislative processes
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Ability to deal effectively with change and pressure
- Invests in continually shaping and developing the Corporate Services team
If you are ready for an opportunity to join a small team to make a big difference, let’s talk!
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via email to [email protected]. For a full job description and to learn more about the Village of Pemberton, please visit https://www.pemberton.ca/government/employment.
Open until filled.
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: Experience an asset