BC Local Government Job Posting Service
TERM CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
LOCATION: Abbotsford Parks, Recreation, and Culture Facilities
POSITION TITLE: Personal Trainer
HOURS: Mornings, afternoons, evenings from 5:00am to 10:00pm
DAYS: Sunday to Saturday
START DATE: Immediately
OPPORTUNITY: We are looking for qualified, professional, and knowledgeable fitness experts to provide Personal Training at the Abbotsford Recreation Centre as well as the Matsqui recreation center. The focus is to provide a safe, excellent program with your client- helping them on their fitness journeys.
Under the supervision of the Fitness Supervisor team, Personal Trainers are responsible for planning, and executing private sessions with their clients- within their scope of practice.
The City has pre-made forms and assessments that will help you support your client and build a personalized and productive program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision and instruction to the patrons in the fitness centers effectively and in a professional manner.
- Provide a well planned lesson for each session
- Ability to be able to adapt to the population
- Ability to instruct patrons how to use equipment, reviewing rules, and how to be safe in a weight room environment.
- Enforce general rules of conduct that the City has created for the fitness facilities.
- Treat injures and complete the correct documentation that goes along with it.
- Checking, and reporting any equipment that may need repairs to the supervisor team.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming environment to the diverse community of Abbotsford.
- Communicate with Fitness Supervisor team on regular basis effectively.
- Complete paperwork and documentation required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Current BCRPA Fitness Theory Certification or equivalent.
- Current BCRPA or Equivalent Personal Training certification. CFES is accepted. Kinesiology students 2nd year onward are also accepted with valid BCAK standings.
- An asset but not required:
- Any additional certifications BCRPA or equivalent
- Specialized certifications such as Together in movement and exercise certification, Fraser health cardiac rehabilitation certification, Pre/Post Natal certification
- Current Standard/ Emergency First Aid, CPR ‘C’ & AED certification and have the ability to perform any first aid task when needed.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply the theory based knowledge in anatomy and physiology as it applies to the work performed.
- Knowledge of the standard care of care, and working within your scope of practice.
- Knowledge of fitness equipment and how they can be used for basic fitness needs.
- Ability to maintain professional, but kind relationships with patrons and fellow staff members while on shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with supervisor team.
- Ability to prepare documents and communication.
- Ability to understand, and use email and computer scheduling programs effectively.
- Ability to follow and carry-out oral and written communication in English.
These term contract opportunities require a satisfactory criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
The hourly rate of pay for the Personal Trainer starts at $28.85. Rates differ depending on certifications and have the potential to increase.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact the fitness coordinator Kristalee Walchuk at [email protected].
The closing date for this 12/31/2023. Due to the high volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.
To submit a resume please visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
Employment Length: Temporary
Education Requirement: Other trades certificate or diploma
Job Experience: Experience an asset
Rate: $28.85 Hour