BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Program Lead – Learning Centre
Bring your passion and experience in learning and the development of people-centred programs to this exciting role in the People Division at BC Assessment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
BC Assessment is a Provincial Crown Corporation that develops and maintains real property assessments throughout British Columbia in addition to providing real property information. BC Assessment serves the citizens of British Columbia and has 13 offices throughout the province.
In BC Assessment, our people and culture are important to us. We work together to create a culture that appreciates differences in all forms. We trust and respect each other, and are invited to bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work, and through our efforts ultimately contribute to a better British Columbia. Our digitally agile, service-centric employees are productive, engaged, and work collaboratively in a modern flexible workplace. Our employees are at the heart of our organization and we are proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for the tenth year!
At BC Assessment, we offer competitive benefits for our employees:
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks, hybrid work options and flexible work schedules.
- Public Service Pension Plan – one of the best in Canada, allowing you to plan for your future.
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits through Pacific Blue Cross and an Employee Assistance Program to help support our employees overall well-being.
We offer a reduced-cost bus pass through the BC Transit ProPASS program and our Uptown office has a secure bike storage and secure change rooms with lockers.
- Career development – we want you to grow and learn with us! We provide ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program.
- Our office is located in Saanich, BC at Uptown which overlooks several shops and coffee shops and is walking distance to the Galloping Goose trail network.
The Strategic People Programs team develops and implements people strategies that support the business and the people of BC Assessment. The team is located at our Uptown office and oversees learning and development, diversity & inclusion, leadership development, engagement and culture, succession planning and performance development for all BC Assessment employees. Your colleagues in the Strategic People Programs team will be a talented group of learning, organizational development, diversity and inclusion and engagement professionals who regularly meet to share their work, get feedback, and challenge each other in their thinking. As a team, we are focusing our efforts on preparing BCA for the work of the future.
The Program Lead – Learning Centre is responsible for leading the employee learning and capability development practice at BC Assessment (BCA) and running the organization’s Learning Centre. The Program Lead develops and implements strategies to ensure the development of talent for positions that are critical to the execution of the strategic and corporate business plan, to enhance workplace culture and to increase employee engagement. The Program Lead provides expert knowledge to business leaders and works with considerable independence and leadership to achieve program outcomes.
Reporting to the Director Strategic People Programs, the Program Lead collaborates with internal subject matter experts and external resources and leads the Corporate Learning Strategy – from design to implementation to communications and measurement.
To be successful in this role you bring a passion for all things learning! You are a seasoned program, project and people manager who is comfortable with a wide range of learning technologies. You relish the opportunity to work collaboratively with all areas and levels of the business, and challenge status quo thinking. You foster talent by working through individual coaching and developing system-wide frameworks that ensure the learning products are built and delivered to employees to enabling them to be successful in their work. You have a broad range of experience and knowledge in the field of adult learning. You are always on top of current trends in this rapidly evolving digital world and are eager to not only do things differently, but to make a difference!
Strategy and Research
- Provides expert advice to BCA executives and managers and leads the development and implementation of strategies to ensure the development of talent for positions that are critical to the execution of the strategic and corporate business plan, to enhance the workplace culture and to increase employee engagement.
- Provides briefings and presentations to executives, directors, and managers on strategic people programs.
- Develops internal communication strategies and actions to provide timely people strategies information to executives, managers and staff.
- Seeks out and applies best practice knowledge and research to learning and organization development strategies to ensure BCA is a leader in the development of people.
- Manages multiple strategic people programs and initiatives and leads or participates on project teams.
- Oversees a multi-stream and complex Learning Centre budget, large procurements and manages relations and partnerships with universities, consulting firms, eLearning companies and others Works closely with Executive and Senior Leadership Team members to develop individual development and succession plans.
- Develops formal and informal knowledge retention programs to ensure key knowledge is retained.
- Develops and administers individual assessment tools including leadership feedback processes.
- Provides change management leadership and advice on corporate initiatives that impact employees.
- Implements the assessment, measurement and reporting of corporate programs/activities related to strategic people programs.
- Supports line managers with the development and delivery of workplace interventions that support culture enhancement, and local workplace and performance improvement.
- Orchestrates and oversees large scale orientation events and seminars in several key dates during the business cycle
Learning Delivery and Administration
- Works closely with executive staff on committees to identify corporate learning needs, and assessors, directors and managers to develop and deliver corporate learning programs.
- Designs and develops course content and delivers learning programs including webinars and e-learning.
- Evaluates corporate learning and employee development effectiveness, materials, resources, systems, products and solutions.
- Organizes and oversees the content, design, procurement and delivery of training materials using BCA’s Learning Management System (LMS), Articulate and other eLearning and EdTech software
- Leads and/or participates in the activities of committees and/or working groups developing or delivering corporate learning content.
- Identifies qualified external consultants to develop and/or deliver learning programs, and procures, negotiates and manages contracts to ensure the delivery of training services.
- Builds partnerships with external agencies, consultants and internal subject matter experts acting as content developers and/or trainers/generalists.
- Maintains appropriate relationships with professional bodies and counterparts in other organizations such as the BC Human Resources Management Association, the Canadian Society for Training and Development, the Institute for Performance and Learning, IAAO BC Chapter, University of British Columbia and other service providers.
- Attends training to evaluate the content and/or quality of delivery and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure the quality of training activities.
- Recruits, orients, trains and coaches internal staff who act as trainers.
- Undertakes research, provides annual reports and maintains current knowledge on best practices for the development and delivery of learning activities for adult learners.
- Manages strategic people program contracts and vendor procurement, including Requests for Proposal or other procurement process, and vendor selection.
- Directly accountable for a program area budget of up to $1.5M.
- Lead project teams or small scale program support teams, in addition to multiple direct reports.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Successful completion of a related degree in Leadership and Training, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Human Resources, Management Development, Adult Education or equivalent field of study.
- Master’s degree would be an asset.
- Coaching designation would be an asset.
- Minimum of five years of experience in employee learning and organizational development, preferably in a public sector unionized environment.
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of corporate learning programs.
- Demonstrated corporate training management experience
- Experience with psychometric assessments, LMS and eLearning technologies, eCertification platforms, digital adoption platform (DAP) technologies or related EdTech.
- Experience facilitating for large groups, presenting to senior leaders and executives and speaking/presenting on video technologies (e.g. Webex/Zoom).
Location: Victoria, BC – Uptown
Compensation: $94,790 to $115,850 (expected salary upon hire $98,000)
Competition Close Date: open until filled
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
Occasional overnight Travel may be required.
One of BC Assessment's core values is that we are here for each other. We build relationships based on genuine support and care. We respect each other as individuals with different identities, experiences and views. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and supporting the success of a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from anyone, including Indigenous Peoples, Black People, Members of Racialized Groups/Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and People with Diverse Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities or Expressions.
We are committed to making reasonable accommodations available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
- Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications. If you are an internal employee, please ensure that your employee profile contains your relevant education and experience.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
Employment Length: Permanent
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: Experience an asset