Upcoming Events< Previous Event 32 of 32
8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
MATI - Community Planning for Local Government ProfessionalsLocal Government Management Association and Capilano University
Are you making planning decisions, but have no formal planning education or little planning experience?
You are not alone. Many BC municipalities have no registered planners on staff. MATI Community Planning is a program designed by a team of planners and educators especially for you.
In this week long residential course you will...
- Work with some of the most highly regarded planners in BC, and build a network of local government and planning colleagues.
- Learn to work more effectively with Council and community members on planning and development issues.
- Develop a critical understanding of various planning approaches.
- Learn to administer various land use permits, regulations, bylaws, and subdivision processes.
- Learn to apply the principal approving officer tools.
- Learn to effectively oversee land use planning consultants.
- Bring a challenging planning issue to discuss with planning experts and colleagues.
- Take home a planning “tool kit” you can use on Monday morning.
The fee per participant is $3000 (plus GST). This is an all-inclusive fee, which will cover tuition, course materials, accommodation, all meals and refreshment breaks, and all special recreational activities.