< Previous Grant 47 of 76 Next >
Back to Top
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Green Municipal FundFederation of Canadian Municipalities
Our signature initiative funding (combined loans and grants) helps Canadian cities and communities of all sizes implement bold environmental projects that reduce GHG emissions and protect the air, water or land. This funding is designed to accommodate transformative, best-in-class municipal projects, meaning they’re highly innovative and impactful.
- All Canadian municipal governments (with the exception of Low Carbon Cities Canada (LC3) namesake municipalities: the cities of Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, and Halifax Regional Municipality).
- Their project partners, which includes:
- Private sector entities
- Indigenous communities
- Municipally-owned corporations
- A regional, provincial or territorial organization delivering municipal services
- Non-governmental organizations
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Research institutes (e.g., universities)
- Regular loans and grants: Receive a low-interest loan of up to $5 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.
- High-ranking project loans and grants: These qualify for a low-interest loan of up to $10 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.
How to Apply
Contact us before you apply! We will determine whether your capital project is eligible for funding,
Applications are accepted year-round until all annual funds are allocated. New applications are then deferred to April 1 of the following fiscal year. If this happens, we will let you know. This process is generally the same for all types of applications.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities
Contact Phone: 1-877-997-9926
Subject Area(s): Environmental Protection and Management, Water, Brownfield Redevelopment, Green Energy, Wastewater, Solid Waste Management
Last Reviewed: June 16, 2021, 3:43 pm
Deadline: No Official Deadline