Food Access and Recovery GrantsColumbia Basin Trust
The Trust’s Food Access and Recovery Grants support community-led projects that increase access to affordable, quality, local food, with particular emphasis on supporting vulnerable populations. This includes projects that support creating or enhancing communal growing/processing spaces and diverting food that would otherwise be wasted.
Eligible applicants include registered non-profits, local governments and First Nations in the Basin region. Applicants operating outside the Basin must partner with community-based organizations operating within the region and must show that the project benefits residents of the Basin. These grants are not intended to support the commercial production of food.
Up to 85 per cent of total project costs can be requested from the Trust. There is no maximum amount for grant requests; however, we anticipate that many successful projects will be in the range of up to $80,000.
How to Apply
- Download and review the Program Guide.
- If you would like to work offline, download the Application Worksheet. The worksheet contains direction and advice on how to complete the application. This is optional and cannot be used as your application.
- Complete the Application Form online.
- Once your application is complete, and you have confirmed all the steps in the Program Guide, click submit. After you submit, you will receive an email confirmation that will contain your application.
- If you need to make an edit to the summited application before the application deadline, you can do so from the Your Entries and Drafts page on the application form website.