News Release

Search News Headlines posted the last 90 days.

< Previous  Article 49 of 53 Next >
November 14, 2022, 9:33 am

City of Revelstoke to Invest in Retaining, Attracting & Engaging Employees

City of Revelstoke
REVELSTOKEThe City of Revelstoke is pleased to announce that as of January 1, 2023, the City of Revelstoke CUPE 363 employees will receive a 2% increase as outlined in the Collective Agreement plus an additional 2% increase for a total 4% increase in an effort to retain, attract and engage our employees.
In conjunction with a key recommendation of the City’s Organizational Review, set to be released publicly later this week, the City of Revelstoke stepped up to help address the cost-of-living increase in our community.
“We listened to our staff, thought hard about what we wanted to do, and decided we want to lead,” said Mayor, Gary Sulz. “We’re excited about this change and look forward to being an employer of choice.”
Our hard-working CUPE 363 employees are valued contributors to the smooth functioning of the organization as well as respected and appreciated community leaders. In an effort to recognize and retain our employees; the previous Council approved the proposed additional 2% CUPE increase.
"CUPE 363 members, like all Revelstoke residents, are feeling the pressure of inflation and facing affordability challenges. We are pleased that the City and Council recognize the need to address those affordability challenges and that they value the work our members provide to residents and businesses in our community,” says CUPE Local 363 President Leanne Wiggins. “We look forward to continuing to work collaboratively with the City, and we know that this positive working relationship puts us in a position to welcome visitors from all over the world and show them the great community that is Revelstoke."
For Further Information Contact:
Evan Parliament, Chief Administrative Officer, 250-837-2911
Original post 
Back to Top