Current News Releases
- LIBOA Announces Official Name Change to Local Government Compliance & Enforcement Association of BC (LGCEA)
LIBOA, a leading organization in the bylaw profession, is pleased to announce its official name change to the Local Government Compliance & Enforcement Association of BC.
August 24, 2023
- Burnaby Convenes Chinese Canadian Reconciliation Advisory Group
The 7-person group is made up of 2 City staff members of Chinese Canadian heritage, a historian/academic advisor, and 4 community members comprised of historic families, educators, and representatives of community organizations, with a focus on those that serve Burnaby’s Chinese Canadian communities.
August 23, 2023
- City of Delta Unveils Innovative Wheelchair Accessible Swing at Annieville Lions Park
Mayor Harvie and Delta Council approved the City’s Accessibility Plan this past June, which focuses on actions that address the six principles in the Accessible British Columbia Act of inclusion, adaptability, diversity, collaboration, self-determination, and universal design.
August 23, 2023
- Emergency Management Cowichan Launches New Website for Enhanced Service to Residents
The Cowichan Valley Regional District (CVRD) is pleased to announce with Emergency Management Cowichan (EMC) and partners that the emcowichan.ca website is ready to provide the Cowichan region with the information and tools to mitigate, prepare, respond, and recover from, a range of hazards and emergencies.
August 21, 2023
- Stronger Services Will Support Healthy Communities in Northern B.C.
Since its beginning, the NHCF has supported nearly 90 projects with a total of more than $15 million. Eligible local governments, First Nations and non-profit organizations in growing communities near the LNG Canada and Coastal GasLink projects can apply for project funding.
August 18, 2023
- Okanagan Basin Water Board Issues Updated Calls to Action on Invasive Mussels as Province Snags Mussel-Infested Watercraft
Most recent stats for this summer, show that between April and July 14, 2023, the IMDP has intercepted 80 high risk watercraft on their way into B.C. Of these, eight were confirmed to have adult invasive mussels and three were headed to the Okanagan.
August 17, 2023
- Enhancing Local Extreme Temperature Preparedness will Keep People Safer
More than $430,000 is being provided through the Community Emergency Preparedness Fund (CEPF) to communities to improve knowledge of the risks associated with extreme temperatures and how these risks will change over time. The funding may be used to develop effective response plans and strategies to prepare, mitigate and adapt to those risks.
August 16, 2023
- Comox Valley Regional District Awarded Funding for Green Shores Demonstration Project
Project partners include K’ómoks Guardian Watchmen, Stewardship Centre for BC, Project Watershed, Guardians of Mid-Island Estuaries and Pacific Salmon Foundation.
August 15, 2023
- City of Terrace Before and After School Child Care Program Launches Fall 2023
To support increased access to early learning and child care, the City of Terrace is creating 30 spaces for before- and after-school care for school-aged children.
August 15, 2023
- Coquitlam Animal Shelter Expands Service to Pitt Meadows
Located at 500 Mariner Way, the shelter has been serving Coquitlam and Port Moody for over 20 years since opening in 2002, and started also serving Port Coquitlam in early 2022.
August 14, 2023