Environment GrantsColumbia Basin Trust
If you have an idea that will strengthen environmental well-being, this program could help support it.
Who Can ApplyEligible applicants include registered non-profits, public organizations, municipalities, regional districts and Indigenous organizations. Businesses may be considered depending on the project and its broad community impact. The project must not mainly benefit the interest of the business.
Your project must take place within the Columbia Basin Trust region.
How to ApplyIf your project requires more than $5,000, the Environment Grants intake has been postponed and will open soon. Check back for guidelines and application form.
If your project requires $5,000 or less, you can apply for a Environment Small Grant. Download the Small Grants Application Guide and Worksheet. There are multiple intake dates throughout the year. The next deadline is July 30, 2019 at 2 P.M. PT / 3 P.M. MT. Click here to be directed to the Trust’s online application site.
Using the Online Application Site:
If you are a first time user, you will need to create an account:
- Once signed in, you can select the applicable program.
- Download the applicable Environment Grant application guide and worksheet to assist in gathering the information you will need to complete your application.
- Click on the applicable Environment Grant application form to initiate your online application. You may save drafts and submit your completed application at any point before the deadline.
- Once your application is complete click ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received once you have clicked ‘Submit’.
For completed projects:
Download the Small Grants Final Report Template
Download the Large Grant Final Report Template
Past ProjectsHere are examples of past projects that have been approved for grants:
- Environment Grants – Fall 2018
- Environment Grants – Fall 2017
- Environment Grants – Fall 2016
- Environment Grants – Spring 2016
- Environment Grants – Fall 2015
- Environment Grants – Fall 2014
- Environment Grants – Spring 2014
Project CategoriesYour project should address one of the following four categories.
1. ECOSYSTEMS PROJECTS:
- Enhance or conserve ecosystems and/or species of conservation concern.
- Reduce the threat of significant invasive species to terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Support adaptation to the impacts of climate change at community-wide or regional scales.
- Make long-term contributions to reducing greenhouse gas emissions at community-wide or regional scales.
- Support the protection, enhancement or restoration of water resources that are important for species and/or ecosystems of conservation concern.
- Carry out water quality and/or quantity research that is scientifically sound and will contribute knowledge to the management of water resources for the benefit of ecosystems, communities and watershed stakeholders.
- Provide education to Basin residents that helps develop an understanding and appreciation of the natural world and motivates ecologically informed decisions and actions.