Grants< Previous Grant 3 of 78 Next >
Heritage Legacy FundHeritage BC
Overview:Heritage BC is a charitable non-profit organization and is independent of government. Heritage BC administers and manages the Heritage Legacy Fund (HLF). The Heritage Legacy Fund was established as an endowment from the Province of British Columbia in 2003 and is held by the Vancouver Foundation. It is a self-sustaining private endowment fund that relies on the donations and bequests of donors. The goals of the Foundation are to:
- Support the conservation of heritage resources in British Columbia
- Promote and increase public awareness, understanding, and appreciation of British Columbia’s heritage resources
- Encourage high standards of heritage conservation and the continuing maintenance and protection of heritage resources
- Support community-based heritage projects
- Increase the Heritage Legacy Fund
The Heritage Legacy Fund supports a financial assistance program for Heritage Awareness and Heritage Conservation. Program funds are used for community initiatives that conserve and increase the understanding and appreciation of heritage resources. Heritage resources may include existing heritage buildings, structures, sites, cemeteries, districts, (built) cultural landscapes or large artifacts.
Registered non-profit societies, registered federal charities, local governments, self-governing First Nations, and School Boards may apply for funding. Financial contributions are not made to individuals, unregistered organizations, private businesses or BC Government Agencies. Applicants must be an up to date paid member (corporate, government, group, student or individual) of Heritage BC to submit an application.
- Heritage Conservation Program for the preservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of heritage resources
- Heritage Awareness Program for the research, documentation, presentation, and publication of information about specific community heritage resources
Projects that meet program criteria may qualify for up to half the project cost (excluding GST) on a cost-sharing basis. Project costs must be based on a minimum of two quotes. Project costs incurred prior to notification of funding are not eligible.
Projects must be completed within one year of the date of the award.
All funds provided by the Heritage Legacy Fund must be used for the purposes identified in the approved application.
In no case will a project receive funding in excess of half of eligible project expenses, regardless of the original approved funding commitment.
Funding is limited. Some eligible projects may not be supported. The Society reserves the right not to fund any application. Application Process All applications for 2017 are due on Friday, June 30th, 2017 by 5:00 pm PST. Potential applicants MUST contact the program staff at Heritage BC to verify the eligibility of the applicant and the proposed project at least one week before the application deadline, by Friday, June 23rd, 2017 at 5:00 pm, PST.
If you have a question regarding the eligibility of any work, please consult the program staff BEFORE submitting the application.
For More Information Click Here