Grants< Previous Grant 8 of 75 Next >
2016 /17 Provincial Urban Deer Cost - Share ProgramProvince of BC
The Provincial Urban Deer Cost Share Program will help local governments or First Nations with funds to help address urban deer management challenges through operational or research projects.
The Province will make up to $100,000 (in total) available to local governments or First Nations through shared cost agreements in 2016/17. The Province will receive all project proposals and will be responsible for the final funding prioritizations and allocations.
The Provincial Urban Deer Cost-Share Program will fund priority projects that:
- address human-deer conflict in areas where the use of traditional deer management techniques (e.g. hunting) are not appropriate;
- are consistent with objectives that have been developed through a community-based planning process;
- have a resolution of support from the local government’s council or board or Indian Band’s/First Nation’s chief and council;
- are compliant with all applicable laws and by-laws and adequately manage all human safety, environmental and animal welfare risks;
- are in accordance with a permit issued under the Wildlife Act (or any other statute);
- are technically sound and feasible;
- are scientifically rigorous (if a research project);
- commit to reporting; and,
- provide matching funds (from the local government or First Nation or any partners).
Applications should be received on or before November 22nd, 2016.
Program Guide and Application